Connect with us

Sports NDTV

Jose Mourinho’s Post-Match Celebration Leaves Juventus Fuming 

A 90th-minute own goal by Leonardo Bonucci gave Manchester United a dramatic 2-1 victory over Juventus in the Champions League on Wednesday as Jose Mourinho’s side overcame a brilliant volley by Cristiano Ronaldo. At the final whistle, Mourinho, in a typically controversial fashion, marched onto the pitch with his hand cupped to one ear. The gesture was meant to ask the Juventus fans why they were no longer taunting him, as they had throughout the game. Bonucci was furious and confronted Mourinho, who was quickly escorted down the tunnel by a member of United’s backroom staff before the explosive situation could escalate.

“In a beautiful Italian city, they insulted me for 90 minutes. I didn’t insult them. I just made a little thing,” Mourinho told BT Sport. 

“I know the millions of Inter fans are happy with that. But I respect Juventus, their players, the manager, the quality they have.”

However, Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri played down the controversy.

“Everyone has their own personal reactions and how they celebrate. I can’t say whether he’s right or wrong,” he said. 

United’s thrilling fightback was the perfect response to the taunts from Juventus as Mourinho’s men put themselves back on track to qualify for the last 16.

Mourinho was delighted with the way United recovered from falling behind to Ronaldo’s sublime second half volley in a comeback that echoed their famous 1999 Champions League final win over Bayern Munich.

United, second in Group H, could book their place in the knockout stages if they win their next group match against Young Boys, depending on the result of Valencia’s match against Juventus on the same night.

(With AFP Inputs)







Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports NDTV

WWE Confirm 16-Time World Champion John Cena’s In-Ring Return

The WWE have put an end to the rumours of John Cena’s retirement by announcing his in-ring return. According to wwe.com, The Leader of the Cenation is scheduled to make 12 appearances in a course of 20 days next month. “Prepare for a sea of Cenation flags to be raised and waved in cities across the country next month when John Cena returns to WWE Live,” the statement read. “Returning to the ring for the first time since WWE Super ShowDown in Australia, the 16-time World Champion gears up for action in a series of WWE Live Events, beginning next month.”

The 16-time world champion has only appeared part-time for the wrestling company in 2018 as he continues building his lucrative career in Hollywood. Cena’s last WWE appearance was at Super Show-Down in Melbourne last month where he joined forces with Bobby Lashley to defeat Elias and Kevin Owens.

Cena was set to compete in the World Cup tournament at the controversial Crown Jewel pay-per-view in Saudi Arabia last month but he and Daniel Bryan were removed at the last-minute due to unknown reasons.

The 41-year-old is arguably the biggest star in WWE history and it looks like that he will be available for the Royal Rumble, Fastlane, and WrestleMania 35.

John Cena’s WWE Live Event appearances:

Madison Square Garden, New York – Dec. 26

Nassau Coliseum, New York – Dec. 27

Royals Farms Arena, Baltimore – Dec. 28

PPG Paints Arena, Pittsburgh – Dec. 29

Amalie Arena, Tampa – Dec. 30

Columbus Civic Center, Columbus – Jan. 4

Donald L. Tucker Civic Center, Tallahassee – Jan. 5

Hertz Arena, Ft. Myers – Jan. 6

Amway Center, Orlando – Jan. 7 (Raw)

Charleston Civic Center, Charleston – Jan. 11

Knoxville Civic Coliseum, Knoxville – Jan. 12

Von Braun Civic Center, Huntsville – Jan. 13

FedEx Forum, Memphis – Jan. 14

Cena has spent a number of months away from WWE to film his latest movie Project X-traction in China with legendary martial artist Jackie Chan.






Source link

Continue Reading

Sports NDTV

When And Where To Watch Live Telecast, Live Streaming

The Indian women’s cricket team, under the captaincy of Harmanpreet Kaur, will look to take the revenge of the 2017 World Cup final loss to England when the two teams clash in the second semi-final of the ICC Women’s World T20 at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua on Friday. Earlier, the other semi-final match will be played between Australia and the Windies at the same venue. In the Women’s World Cup last year, Mithali Raj-led India suffered a nine-run loss to England in the summit clash at Lord’s. India women have been impressive in the ongoing World T20 so far as they beat two formidable teams in their group, the ‘White Ferns’ from New Zealand by 34 runs and the ‘Southern Stars’ from Australia by 48 runs, maintaining an all-win record at the league stage. However, England, the reigning ODI world champions, are a quality side in the shortest format. (Play fantasy league and win cash daily)

When is India vs England Women’s World T20 semi-final match?

The India vs England Women’s World T20 semi-final match is on November 22 (23rd in India), 2018.

Where will the India vs England Women’s World T20 semi-final match be played?

The India vs England Women’s World T20 semi-final match will be played at Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua.

What time does the India vs England Women’s World T20 semi-final match begin?

The India vs England Women’s World T20 semi-final match will begin at 5:30 IST.

Which TV channels will telecast India vs England Women’s World T20 semi-final match?

The India vs England Women’s World T20 semi-final match will be telecast on the Star Sports Network.

How do I watch online live streaming of India vs England Women’s World T20 semi-final match?

The India vs England Women’s World T20 Semi-Final match live streaming will be available on Hotstar. You can also catch the live updates on sports.ndtv.com.

(All telecast and streaming timings are as per information received from the host broadcasters)






Source link

Continue Reading

Sports NDTV

Chelsea And Ivory Coast Great Didier Drogba Retires From Football

Ivory Coast and Chelsea great Didier Drogba announced his retirement on Wednesday after a 20-year career. The 40-year-old scored 164 goals in 381 appearances for Chelsea, winning four Premier League titles, four FA Cups and the 2012 Champions League, while he is also Ivory Coast’s all-time record goalscorer with 65. He spent the last 18 months of his career with US side Phoenix Rising, the club he co-owns. “I wanna thank all the players, managers, teams and fans that I have met and made this journey one of a kind,” he wrote in a statement on Twitter.

“If anyone tells you your dreams are too big, just say thank you and work harder and smarter to turn them into a reality.”

Drogba did not play top-flight football until the age of 23, when French side Guingamp signed him from Ligue 2 Le Mans in January 2002.

He moved to Marseille 18 months later – and the following year completed a reported 24 million pound move to Chelsea, where he had the best spell of his career.

He won the Premier League Golden Boot in 2006-07 and 2009-10, netting 104 times in the English top flight in total, and also scored a dramatic late equaliser when Chelsea beat Bayern Munich on penalties in the Champions League final six years ago.

Drogba played club football in six different countries in total, with the majority of his success coming in France and England.

Drogba then spent six months with Shanghai Shenhua and a year and a half with Galatasaray before returning to Chelsea.

He scored seven goals in 2014-15, winning a fourth Premier League title and a third League Cup, leaving the club as their fourth highest scorer of all time.

Drogba’s last game was Phoenix’s 1-0 loss to Louisville City in the USL Cup final on November 8.

(With AFP Inputs)







Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright Otimenews 2018. All rights reserved.