Connect with us

Tech NDTV

Huawei P30 Pro Alleged Renders Show ‘Sunrise’ Colour Variant, Reveal Absence of 3.5mm Headphone Jack

Huawei P30 Pro Alleged Renders Show ‘Sunrise’ Colour Variant, Reveal Absence of 3.5mm Headphone Jack

Photo Credit: WinFuture

The alleged Huawei P30 Pro renders show a new Sunrise variant

Huawei P30 Pro – the Chinese smartphone maker’s upcoming flagship offering – is less than two weeks away from its official launch, but the leaks continue to pour in. The latest one comes in the form of alleged press renders that show the Huawei P30 Pro clad in a red paintjob. The fiery red variant is claimed to be the “Sunrise” colour option that will reportedly be exclusive to the Huawei P30 Pro. The new renders also indicate that the Huawei P30 Pro will miss out on the 3.5mm headphone jack and will feature an IR blaster. The P30 on the other hand, is seen to retain the 3.5mm headphone jack and miss out on the IR blaster.

The new set of alleged Huawei P30 Pro renders allegedly show a fourth colour variant of the upcoming smartphone that will reportedly go by the name “Sunrise” and will join the Black, Ice White and the Twilight/Aurora variants. The “Sunrise” variant appears to have a subtle gradient finish with a deeper tone of red on the lower part of the rear panel. However, there is no word whether it will be a limited edition model of the Huawei P30 Pro or if it will be sold in certain markets only.

Another noteworthy piece of information revealed by the alleged Huawei P30 Pro renders is that the upcoming flagship will miss out on the 3.5mm headphone jack. The bottom edge is shown housing the USB Type-C port, the SIM card slot, and the speaker, while the top edge only features the microphone hole and an IR blaster that will allow the device to act as a remote controller for devices like a TV. On the other hand, the Huawei P30 is seen to feature a headphone jack, and miss out on the IR blaster.

The renders, which come courtesy of WinFuture, show a design that is quite similar to what we’ve seen already in a previous leak. The quad rear cameras and the curved display with a waterdrop notch are depicted in vivid detail. The Huawei P30 Pro’s recent Geekbench visit indicates that the smartphone will be powered by the Kirin 980 SoC with Android 9 Pie handling things on the software side. The Huawei P30 is rumoured to come with a periscope-style zoom camera that will reportedly offer lossless zoom capabilities.

The Huwaei P30 Pro and Huawei P30 are set to launch at the company’s March 26 event in Paris, so we don’t have to wait too long for details.






Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Tech NDTV

Microsoft Project xCloud Game Streaming May Run at Much Lower Internet Speeds Than Google Stadia

At Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2019, game streaming seems to be all the rage. While Google announced that its Stadia game streaming service will launch by the end of 2019, let’s not forget that Microsoft has also been working on a similar service for a while. Microsoft’s Project xCloud game streaming service was announced at E3 2018 and the company has now mentioned something that caught our eye. Kareem Choudhry, Microsoft’s VP of gaming cloud, has claimed that the company has managed to bring down Project xCloud latency to under 10ms and said it is working on making xCloud run smoothly on 5-6Mbps Internet connections.

This is far below the 25Mbps recommended Internet speed for Google Stadia, as reported by Kotaku. Choudhry made these comments in an interview with Eurogamer, which has lots of other insights on Project xCloud so you should definitely go read the full article. Here’s what Choudhry said about Internet speeds required for Project xCloud in the Eurogamer interview: “We hope to get down to single digit Mbps. I think some of the demos we’ve shown so far have probably gone down to nine, 10Mbps. Some of the work that we’re doing with Microsoft research, I think we’ll be able to get a really good video feed probably around six to five.”

This is promising news considering that Project xCloud is primarily geared towards allowing people to stream AAA games on Android phones. If the service ever makes it to India, its ability to work on low Internet speeds will be put to the test and maybe, just maybe Project xCloud could work reasonably well in India.

Choudhry also told Eurogamer, “From the data centres we have near Washington we’re seeing really good latency – less than 10 milliseconds that’s being added by the traversal to the cloud. Frankly we find more latency in the Bluetooth stack, connected to an Android phone.”

Latency is a big point of concern with game streaming services. This is essentially the time delay between when you press a button and when the corresponding action is executed in the game. The lower this number is, the better your gaming experience will be.

While it’s great to hear these low numbers for latency and minimum Internet speed required, let’s not forget that at this point there’s no real proof of how Project xCloud will work in real world tests. There’s some positive news coming from Microsoft but we’re going to take everything mentioned before launch with a pinch of salt. Even though the idea of playing Forza Horizon 4 on an Android phone sounds wonderful, it’s best to wait for Project xCloud to launch before getting excited about how good it could be.


If you’re a fan of video games, check out Transition, Gadgets 360’s gaming podcast. You can listen to it via Apple Podcasts or RSS, or just listen to this week’s episode by hitting the play button below.






Source link

Continue Reading

Tech NDTV

Twitter Sued for $250 Million by California Congressman Devin Nunes

Devin Nunes, a Republican Congressman from California, has sued Twitter and several of its users for more than $250 million, alleging that the open communication platform failed to curb defamatory and malicious tweets against him.

According to a report in Fox News late Monday, Nunes said he was going after Twitter first because they “are the main proliferator” of “fake” and “slanderous” news.

“The case we’re basically making is this was an orchestrated effort. So people were targeting me, there were anonymous accounts that were developed… and these accounts are not supposed to exist. Twitter says that they don’t have accounts that do this,” Nunes was quoted as saying.

“They need to come clean. They’re not a public square. They are content developers,” he added.

The lawsuit accused Twitter of “shadow-banning conservatives” to influence the 2018 mid-term election.

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, in his testimony before Congress last year, said his platform is a kind of “digital public square”.

Nunes questioned why the company would allow certain accounts to attack him “hundreds of times a day”.

Twitter was yet to comment on the lawsuit.

US President Donald Trump last year slammed Twitter for “shadow banning” some Republicans in search results on the micro-blogging platform.

The micro-blogging platform had said it is not involved in banning people based on political viewpoints and there was a technical issue in its search that has been resolved.






Source link

Continue Reading

Tech NDTV

Facebook Agrees to Advertising Overhaul to Settle U.S. Discrimination Suits

Facebook Inc has agreed to change its paid advertising platform as part of a wide-ranging settlement to prevent discriminatory and “harmful” practices, the company and U.S. civil rights groups said on Tuesday.

Under the agreement, Facebook will create a new advertising portal for ads linked to housing, employment and credit ads that will limit targeting options for those ads across all of its services, including Instagram and Messenger, the rights groups said in a joint statement.

Advertisers on the portal, which will be separate from the system used to advertise other sets of services, will not be able to target ads by age, gender, cultural affinity or zip code, the statement said.

They will also be required to use a minimum geographic radius for location-based targeting to prevent the exclusion of certain communities.

In addition, the company pledged to build a tool allowing users to search all current housing ads listed in the United States, regardless of whether the ads were directed at them.

“There is a long history of discrimination in the areas of housing, employment and credit, and this harmful behaviour should not happen through Facebook ads,” Facebook’s Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg said in a separate statement.

Facebook, the world’s largest social network with 2.7 billion users and nearly $56 billion in annual revenue, has been on the defensive over its advertising practices, while also fending off privacy scandals and disclosures that Russia used its platform to meddle in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Complaints over ads-based discrimination have dogged the company since 2016, when news organisation ProPublica reported that advertisers could target ads on Facebook based on people’s self-reported jobs, even if the job was “Jew hater.”

ProPublica later reported that it was able to buy discriminatory housing ads and slip them past Facebook’s review process, despite the company’s claims it was blocking such ads.

Since then, Facebook has faced sustained legal pressure over the issue from the National Fair Housing Alliance, the American Civil Liberties Union and the Communications Workers of America, among other groups and individuals.

In five separate lawsuits, the groups alleged the company’s audience selection tools enabled advertisers to exclude specific demographics from seeing job postings and other opportunities.

Facebook’s settings “allowed advertisers to create ads that excluded people of colour or families with children,” said Sandra Tamez, head of the Fair Housing Council of Greater San Antonio, which was part of Tuesday’s settlement.

Under U.S. law, including the federal Fair Housing Act, it is illegal to publish certain types of ads if they indicate a preference based on race, religion, sex or other specified classifications.

Facebook last year reached a similar settlement with Washington state to end discriminatory ad targeting. It said at the time that it had already removed thousands of categories of potentially sensitive personal attributes from its exclusion ad targeting tools.

Wit the new settlement, Facebook has committed to creating its ads portal by Sept. 30 and to implementing other changes by the end of the year.

© Thomson Reuters 2019






Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright Otimenews 2018. All rights reserved.